Do you think that these are the best solutions for your problem?


More Home Inspection Surprises

When inspecting homes, ordinary doors can be a surprise. Some doors lead to the rooms, some doors lead to a dark void, and some doors are curly locked. Sometimes you get all three.
He was inspecting a large holiday home north of Cashiers, North Carolina, on a fast-flowing creek. It was full of rocks, turns and waterfalls. The unit of the house was narrow and steep, leading to a heavy door. The distance the agent gave me worked, and the doors slowly opened on the complaining hinges.
The house was beautifully built on the side of the granite cornices, with superb floor to ceiling windows. Although the house has a small footprint - perhaps 1500 square feet - two floors have risen up, taking advantage of the very steep terrain. The house had been closed and it was vacant.
The first part of the inspection on the first floor revealed no anomalies. I pointed out the stairs to get around and noticed a closet door with a lock. When you see something like this, homeowners often try to protect something. Normally I noticed in the report that I could not access the closet or room, but in this case the bank was owner and doubted they knew anything about this closed door.
I quickly phoned the real estate agent.
"I'll call the bank," he said.
Three minutes later the phone rang.
"Nobody has the key to this door, if we did, I would say it comes in and reports what you find.
"I'm not a locksmith, no problem, I'll put it in my report," I said and hung up.
But I was curious.
I put my hand on the top of the door trim, where I "hide" a key. My fingers found an object with velcro attached to the garrison. A key! I put the key in the lock and tried to turn it. It worked! Leaving the key in the glass, I turned the knob and opened the door.
A black void.
I took out my flashlight and headed for the area. A black metal circular staircase appeared. Now I felt like Nancy Drew. I started slowly down the narrow stairs and began to hear the sound of the water. When I got to the bottom, my feet were on an irregular stone floor and I was in a room of about six to six feet with two other doors on the walls. I looked for a change. I found it on the opposite wall. I turned on the switch and the light filled the room. I was surprised to find that the walls were dug into the cliff.
A closet was a small space with an electric box. The other door was locked with a lock like the one above.
"Oh, I left the key," I told myself. "Shoot, I'll have to go back and get it".
I went up the circular staircase to get it back. I descended the stairs to the closed door. The key worked, and I opened the door. It was in a very narrow passage. The walls were solid rocks and I could see the grooves where the plugs had been used. I felt a bit claustrophobic. Should I move on?
The sound of the water became louder as I slowly moved along the path to the cave. After traveling 12 feet, I suddenly came out! The waterfall visible from inside the house was directly in front of me.
What a surprise! Never underestimate what might be behind a closed door.
Lisa is a licensed North Carolina engineering contractor and home inspector, and Clay County Progress Improvement Colonnist. He designed and built several innovative homes with an eye of low maintenance and simplicity. Lisa founded Your Inspection Expert, Inc., a residential inspection company, in 2008. The experience gained from hundreds of inspections is the basis for advice on your items.


http://www.annonces.immo-reve.com/
https://www.facebook.com/immo.reve.tn

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire